All items must be clean and in good, usable, saleable condition. The Jackson County Habitat for Humanity ReStore reserves the right to refuse any item for any reason. If you don’t see an item on the list or have a donation question, please call the ReStore at (706) 336-8515.
Items We Accept
Must be less than 5 years old, clean and in good working condition. We accept:
- Microwave ovens
- Small appliances
- Stoves (electric or gas)
- Washers & dryers (electric or gas)
- Stained and leaded glass windows
Both kitchen and bathroom cabinets in sets or individual pieces are accepted. Cannot have structural or water damage.
Doors must be in excellent condition, with no rotted wood or broken glass. We accept:
- Exterior or interior doors
- Exterior sliding or patio doors
- Pre-hung or slabs
- Storm doors (must have all tracking)
We only accept residential electric items. NOTE: Commercial electrical stock accepted by manager only.
- Area rugs (no tears, stains, smells or damage)
- Carpet padding (no visible stains or smells or damage)
- Carpet remnants (must be in good condition with no tears, stains, smells or damage)
- Hardwood flooring (no splitting or cracking)
- Vinyl and ceramic tile (in good condition. No chipped, cut or broken pieces will be accepted)
Must be free of damage. We do not accept box springs or mattresses. We accept:
- Bedroom furniture (NO mattresses)
- Book shelves
- Coffee tables
- Dining room furniture
- Office furniture
- Wood furniture (in good condition)
- Complete sets of door hardware, hinges, etc.
- Any quantity of nails, screws, fasteners, hangers, connectors, etc.
Lighting must be complete, in working order and in good condition. We accept:
- Indoor lighting
- Outdoor lighting
- Sheetgoods (particle board, paneling, plywood) must be at least half sheets
- Trim and molding
- NOTE: No warping
Plumbing items must be in excellent, clean condition with no chips, cracks, rust or water damage. We accept:
- Complete faucets
- Fiberglass bathtubs with no cracks
- Pedestal and drop-in bathroom sinks
- Stainless steel and porcelain kitchen sinks
- Miscellaneous plumbing hardware
Must be free of stains, tears, excessive wear and animal smells or damage. We accept:
- Sofas (NOTE: no sofa beds or futons unless a manager accepts them)
Windows must be complete units with all sashes and frames and have no rotted wood, cracked or foggy glass. With the exception of some windows, all donated windows should be dropped off with the sashes installed in the frames.
- AC window units (in working condition)
- Gas logs
- Hand and power tools (in working condition)
- Pallets of brick or glass brick
- Stone pavers
- Wallpaper (packaged—NO remnants or partial rolls)
- Wood stoves (free standing)
Items We Do NOT Accept
- Baby beds, cribs, strollers, or car seats
- Encyclopedia Books or magazines
- Box springs and Mattresses
- Chemical solvents and strippers
- Sofa beds (or anything with a mattress)
- Toilets (used)
- Wallpaper (partial rolls)
We do not accept items deemed as hazardous to staff, volunteers, and/or customers. These include but are not limited to:
- Broken or chipped ceramics, dishes, or tiles
- Food and drink
- Frayed or exposed electrical wires
- Opened chemicals
- Unframed glass and mirrors
Additionally, we do not accept items in poor condition. Poor condition refers signs of wear-and-tear and includes but is not limited to:
- Rot or rust
- NOTE: Does not refer to items that are vintage, antique, or serves a noticeable re-purposing function
We reserve the right to refuse any item based on the condition of the item or overstocking of our warehouse. All disposal of refused goods is the responsibility of the customer.
If assembly of the item is required, it must have all hardware and instructions necessary for assembly in order to be accepted.
Thank you for considering and understanding our donation guidelines! This helps us serve and provide our community with quality goods!